Friday, July 19, 2013

California vacation


Today we woke up at 3:00 a.m. to catch our 7:00 a.m. flight to California.  There were no direct flights out of Jacksonville Florida so we had to catch three connecting flights.  After being in the air a total of six hours we finally arrived at the Oakland airport at 12:20 local time which is 3:20 eastern time. 

I really get nervous when the plane takes off and lands.  Everything went very smooth with all our flights except for one connecting flight, when a part broke in the cockpit and a woman having a seizure just before take off.  Other than those two things, once we are in the air I love looking at the earth.

The only thing we ate all day was the snacks they serve on the flights.  Needless to say we were very hungry when we arrived in California.  As soon as we landed, the first thing we did was go to the Chiefs favorite place, Jack in the Box. YUP!!! out of all the wonderful food out here, he wanted to go to Jack in the Box.  He needed an Ultimate Bacon Cheese Burger fix.  I didn't mind too much because I like their Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl.

Waiting for our flight. 






 As we were leaving the plane, I saw the pilot saying good buy to everyone and I asked if I could get a picture of him with The Cisco Kid.  He said how about taking a picture of your son in the cockpit instead.  I was shocked.  I never expected the pilot to let us take pictures of the cockpit never mind let the Cisco Kit sit in there.   Needless to say this was one happy child.



I will be posting throughout our vacation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts with Thumbnails