Thursday, May 30, 2013

Juicing.....My new way of trying to get healthy

They say, you are what you eat.  I love vegetables but I do not eat as much as I would like.  Before I got married I was a total grazer.  Meat was my side dish and vegetables were my main food group.  Since the Chief is a meat and potato man, I find myself cooking and eating like him.  Not any more!!!  I got myself a Juicer.  I was watching the Dr. Oz show, when I saw Joe Cross 3 day weekend juice cleanse. He was 100 pounds overweight, on multiple prescription drugs and suffering from an autoimmune disease.  He wrote a book called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".  When he was on the Dr. Oz show, he said he juiced across America and lost 100 lbs. in five months.  That is when I got my juicer.  Not that I am going to loose 100 lbs. or even Juice across America, as much fun as that sounds. I am just looking to take in alot of vegetables.  It has been about three weeks and my favorite juice is a gazpacho.  It is like a spicy tomato juice.  It has  3 tomatoes, 2 stalks of celery, 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 red onion, 1 cucumber, 1/2 lemon, 1 cup of parsley and 1 inch of ginger. It would be very difficult for me to eat all those vegetables in one sitting.  Even when I was a total grazer. At some point you get tired of chewing.  I have to say,  I can feel the difference between drinking and eating the vegetables. It is known that liquids are digested and the nutrients they contain are absorbed more quickly than those in solid foods.  The juicer extracts all the liquid vitamins from fruits and vegetables, discarding the fiber.  I am on the road to infusing myself with lots of vitamins from vegetables and fruit.


I make half the above portion for breakfast and the other half portion for mid morning snack.  
the Juicer is a Breville Juice Fountain Duo.  The Duo means that the machine can puree as well.  






1 comment:

  1. Very good for you!!! Those vegetables look delicious, but I am not sure the juice looks quite as yummy....do you like the taste? Love your new juicer! Keep up the healthy attitude! You are doing a great job! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your support and comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts with Thumbnails